After 18 months of collaborating with an amazing team at Wemake and in DSI Consortium, we celebrated the end of DSI4EU project with a conference taking place in Warsaw and titled “New Urban Visions – Bringing Digital Social Innovation in the City Hall” and focusing on how city governments and the DSI community can benefit each other to make residents’ lives better.
I contributed to the agenda with with two interventions, in a panel and leading a workshop:
– The story of CAPS – panel
The CAPS programme is the EU’s flagship funding programme for DSI, having funded over 50 projects since 2014. We’ll hear from some of the successful projects funded by CAPS, and about next steps for DSI at the European Commission.
– Tom Symons, Head of Government Innovation Research, Nesta (DECODE)
– Zoe Romano, Founder, WeMake (OpenCare)
– Theresa Heithaus, Program Manager, Wikirate (ChainReact)
– Sybille Schroer, Scientific Coordinator, IGB-Berlin (STARS4ALL)
– Fabrizio Sestini, Senior Expert, Digital Social Innovation, DG CONNECT
– Diversity and inclusion: Walking the walk – workshop
The field of DSI is still far from diverse and inclusive. In this fishbowl session we’ll discuss the challenges frankly and share good practice for how we can turn talk into action.